July berries are done. We will have a small crop of late berries. We still have quite a long waiting list to call on. If you want to be on the list, please send us an email. Thank you.
U-Pick Raspberries are ready about mid-July each year. Picking is by appointment only. Text request to:
(701)388-3589 or email to: email@example.com.
U-pick raspberries are $3.50/pint. We supply the berry pints, flats and the use of picking trays.
By appointment only!
What to bring?
When you get the berries home
- Do not wash the berries until ready to use them. Washing makes them prone to spoiling.
- Refrigerate them as soon as possible.
- Pour them out into shallow pans and remove any mashed or soft berries.
- Put a couple of days supply in the refrigerator and place the rest in a single layer on a sheet cake pan and freeze them. Once frozen, scoop them into a freezer bag and freeze. When you are ready to use them, just rinse under cold water to wash and eat or make jam.
Types of raspberries we grow:
- Boyne - early season. Small to medium sized fruit with good eating and freezing quality
- Prelude - early season. Round-Conic, coherent with very good flavor
- Encore - late season. Large, firm berries with very good, sweet flavor
16305 57th Street SE• Kindred, North Dakota • 701-388-3589 © 2020 Red Barn & Berry Farm. All Rights Reserved.